Thursday, July 10, 2008

Things Are Looking Up

Merlin is settling in beautifully! He doesn't seem to need quite as much exercise as we'd thought, which is sort of nice, and he looks pretty cute when he zonks out.





He is also gorgeous when he's just been groomed. Luckily, he was trained to lay down and be good while being brushed, which makes it a lot easier on me! He also responds immediately to "No" and "Leave it", and seems to remember boundaries well. This makes him a very polite dog! He also likes to get excited and play. He's already commandeered some of the cat's toys (she wasn't really using them anyway) and likes to just mouth them or carry them around.

As for the cat, the two are getting along very well. He's still very nice to her, and occasionally tries to get her to play, but she just doesn't understand. I can foresee them playing together in the future, once she's more used to him, though.



Really, the cat isn't TOO upset by his presence in the house :).



Another good thing is that I have been really searching hard for a part time job and I may have found one. I did a group interview yesterday morning, and by afternoon they had called me in for a second interview. It went very well and we agreed that I'd be a great fit, but they have another candidate who was good, too, whom they will interview on Monday. So I will know on Monday. Please think good things for me! If this works out, life will be running very smoothly.

The only things I've been knitting lately are silk shawls. I love knitting with silk so much; I may never make a wool shawl again! One of them is quite tedious, being mostly stockinette: the Icarus shawl by Miriam Felton, out of Sundara Yarn Silk Lace in Black over Violet. I'm calling it my Darkangel shawl, after a beloved series of books.





A project I just started is the Print O' the Wave stole by Eunny Jang. I used a gift certificate that my mother in law got me for my birthday, and got my first Claudia Handpainted Lace yarn in Jungle. The colors remind me of a kelp forest, and the yarn is a joy to work with! The stole will likely turn out quite small, since I'm using size 1 needles, but I don't mind. The pattern has just the right amount of interest for me, so it's nice to go back and forth between this and the Icarus shawl. I have fifteen repeats done.





OK, that's all for today! My preceptor is coming over later with her kids and we're going swimming. They're excited to meet the dog, too. Should be fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home