Monday, September 17, 2007

Busy knitting

While I haven't had much time to blog, I have been busy knitting! I started several projects and finished one.

First, my Isabella from Knitty, as worn by my straight-haired twin sister:
It doesn't fit quite as well as I'd like, but I'm slowly getting better at making well-fitted garments.

I've made progress on both the Indigo Ripples Skirt and the Bee Fields Shawl:




However, I've temporarily put them aside in favor of a project whose finished product I long for, and which I hope to complete by this weekend.


Yep, it's the "butt skirt" from Annie Modesitt's awesome book "Romantic Hand Knits." Otherwise known as An Affair to Remember, I'm knitting this out of Elsebeth Lavold's Classic AL in Aged Wine. It's going very fast with the large gauge, which is also a relief for my hands. I want to wear it this weekend because I'm finally going to a knitting/spinning event: the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival up near Portland. It should be a lot of fun! I can't wait to post finished pictures of the skirt, because so far it fits very well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute! Glad to see all your progress. And your twin looks so cute with her hair straight!

mom

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which day are you planning to attend the fiber festival? I've been thinking of going down - perhaps we might cross paths!

Your work looks beautiful, as always - I really love the bee shawl!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home